Are you a professional mountaineer or just loves to hike and explore the beauty of Mother Nature? Prepare your passport and bank cheques as I have listed 10 Fantastic Spots to hike and see Landscape in different countries you can consider to visit this year 2017.
1. Fjord, Norway – The marvelous landscapes of Fjord Norway were created by a succession of ice ages and haven’t changed much since. A fjord is thus a U-shaped undersea valley, and on the west coast, this valley is often surrounded by dramatic mountain scenery. There are several pathways for hiking in Fjord, Norway. If you will hike with families and children, there are gentle paths you can take. The step Preikestolen cliff o Trolltunga are favorite among tourists.
2. Mt. Kiltepan in Sagada, Philippines – This is one of the famous hiking place in the North of Luzon, Philippines due to its cold weather and breathtaking view. This mountain gives its visitors a breath-taking view of Sagada Rice Terraces as the sun rises above an amazing sea of clouds. Around this place, there are also hanging coffins. The hanging of coffins on the cliff comes from the religious belief that it brings the dead closer to God.
3. Mt. Kinabalu, Malaysia – Mt. Kinabalu is located on the island of Sabah, Malaysia and is the highest mountain in Southeast Asia. This mountain has a mossy forest with its stunted vegetation. It is also famous for its rock-dominated summit. Climbing this mountain is also ideal for those who will try out a High Altitude Climbing for the first time; it will be a 2-day hike.
4. The Snowman Trek in Bhutan – This is the most difficult trek in Bhutan, because of the high altitude for nearly three weeks. The journey doesn’t disappoint with its breathtaking landscapes and Buddhist culture. Before planning to go to this place, ensure that you are physically and mentally healthy and is ready for camping at high altitude.
5. The Great Wall of China – The Great Wall of China is consisting of walls and fortifications, many running parallel to each other. This wall is the most extensive construction project ever completed. It was built to prevent incursions from the barbarian nomads into the Chinese Empire. This is a 12-kilometer hike. It is recommended to visit this place on April and May as the weather is cool and fresh and fewer crowds
6. Routeburn Track in New Zealand – This is an easy and picturesque 3-day trekking adventure that stretches over 20 mile. This is not a loop track and can be walked in either direction; on track end is at the Routeburn Shelter and the other is at The Divide. It is recommended that this track be avoided between May-September due to high risk of avalanches.
7. Grand Canyon National Park in Arizona – It is the 15th oldest national park in the United States. It is known for its size and colorful landscape. Starting your hike with a brutal downhill descent makes the Grand Canyon hike different from any other and can challenge even experienced hikers who aren’t used to it. Do not forget to bring plenty of water, especially during summer.
8. Mount Mitake in Japan – This is one of the many highlights if the Chichibu-Tama-Kai Natinal Park. It offers you a scenic experience of authentic Japanese Culture with little temples along the mountains. Trail is good for beginners and can be reached in less than two hours from central Tokyo.
9. Mt. Pinatubo, Philippines – This is very popular for Filipinos due to its volcanic eruption on 1991 that claimed thousands of lives. The volcano tpday is a safe place to hike. Many tourist pays visit to Mt. Pinatubo because of its crater lake that has white sand and clear turquoise waters, however it is not advisable to swim in the water of the lake.
10. Mount Bromo in Indonesia – Known as one of the world’s most active volcano, Mount Bromo has certain trails marked off due to its risky nature. It is mostly visited for its surreal beauty and large crater. Basically, people go to this place for a combination of beauty and danger.
Those are the10 fantastic spot to hike and see landscape for this year. Hope you can visit most of these places before the year-ends. As Samuel Johnson says “The use of traveling is to regulate imagination with reality, and instead of thinking of how things may be, see them as they are.”